7.21.2009

[sharing with you a little slice of our...]

AmericanPie1
I thought I'd better share with you a few snapshots of our splendid Fourth of July celebration before the month was actually over. I'm still waiting on a few photos that my little sis took of us that I will of course post later.
AmericanPie2
I was so happy with how all the boys ensembles turned out. I managed to throw something on the sewing machine for myself the day before festivities began. It never got a zipper so I had to layer a bit but it all worked out...more or less.
AmericanPie3
and of course we can't forget the much talked about m&m display. It was all worth it, right?
AmericanPie4
AmericanPie5
We had a delicious time munching on ears of barbecued corn, dipping bread in various olive oil concoctions, sampling delectable slices of razzleberry, lemon meringue, strawberry and apple pie, and of course scooping up chocolatey crunchy goodness that most definitely melted in our hands as well as our mouths. The littles played rounds of miniature golf (the course of which was handmade by the sweat of Grandfather and father's brows), swam in pools, competed in chalkboard tic-tac-toe tournaments and most of all enjoyed eachother's company. Later there were of fire works, rocket launches, serenades and pj parties.

It was a grand ole time and the perfect way to kick off the summer.

20 comments:

  1. looks incredible! those outfits -I cannot believe you made them all! The m&m's look really good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved the outfits on the little ones. and now I crave m&ms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merrilee, I would so buy the clothes you make! Absolutely adorable. Seriously, is there any limit to your talent?

    I loved seeing you. Thanks for the visit, definitely a highlight of the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a wonderful 4th of july! great job with the outfits! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great looking weekend! I hope it was as much fun as it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think your family just defined summer perfection. what an incredible fourth. and yes, the r,w,+b m+ms are quite the touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. awwww what gorgeous, timeless pictures. what a special family you have!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i just found your blog.
    beautiful.
    and this post makes me want to be american.
    and buy coloured candy in jars.
    stunning
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh how fun!!! love the outfits...and the m&m's :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow! totally speechless. cutest family ever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. completely fabulous. never seen such a charming old fashioned sweet celebration. those kids are darling, the m&m's (be still my heart) and the outfits.. to die for. so glad to find your blog. will be back often.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The boys's outfits came out nice! You guys need to be in a magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The adorable-ness of these children is a little ridiculous :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh. My. Goodness. If my future family looks HALF this adorable, I will count myself very lucky indeed! From the handsome huz to the cutie pit little ones, to your own smashing outfit---you did an amazing job getting this all together!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You guys are such a cute family! It's picture perfect!

    ReplyDelete