8.29.2007

mer.mer. pottery

This evening I went to Petroglyph here in Santa Cruz (a DIY bisque pottery shop) and painted this mug and saucer. Jon got me a gift certificate for our anniversary and I'm so glad he did! I had a lot of fun and it only got me excited to make even more pottery with my illustrations. I originally wanted thin lines but this type if painting doesn't lend itself to it so I just went with the flow. I think I like the decorative motif better than the girl. I'd love to start a line of pottery but I'll have to figure out how to get the line just as I like it. Can't wait to see what it looks like after firing.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome!! The cup is so adorable and I like the girl on it just as much as the flourishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the cup that girl is tre chic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mer how canu live without these dishes!!!!!!!!!!!
    Get them!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Merrilee! This is Eric's sister Heather, and well, I started to read your blog! LOVE your design and I wanna buy one. So please start a pottery line!

    ReplyDelete